Ashtanga is an 8 limbed yogic system that is a “work in” for the body and mind. Each limb integrates the system and helps to pick up the pieces of ourselves that leave us feeling blocked, unhealthy, stressed out and out of alignment with the world around us.
The 8 limbs teach us:
- How To keep peace in the world around us (Yamas)
- Daily observances that make it easier for us to practice Yoga (Niyamas)
- Physical movements that make the body healthy and prepare us for meditation (Asana)
- Breathing techniques that calm the mind, alleviate stress and balance the nervous system (Pranayama)
- Techniques to withdraw the senses from the outside world and come home to yourself (Pratyahara)
- How to focus on our goals (Dharana)
- Meditation for a short time (Dhyana)
- Meditation for a long time
What is Mysore Style Instruction?
Have you ever taken or seen a dance class? First, the instructor breaks down the movements and the techniques, then they put a section together and practice it slowly. Then, you do that section with the normal pace. Then you learn another section the same way and add it to the other section. You do this until finally, you know the whole routine.
Mysore style Ashtanga is taught exactly the same way. We break down poses, put them together, break down poses, put them together with the ones you learned last time…this continues until you know the whole Yoga sequence.
Mysore Style Private Instruction
60 min, $35. Book at your convenience using the scheduling link below.
Perfect for people who want help with specific segments of their practice, private instruction or who are just starting the practice.Schedule Your Private
Mysore Style Group Instruction
2 Hours. $10 per person. Tues & Thurs 7:30AM-9:30AM
Must already have a previous Mysore style practice. If you are new to Mysore, please sign up for a private first and then you can do this class.Group Class Sign Up