What is the AYP?
The Ashtanga Yoga Project is an information super Hub for Information about Ashtanga
What is Ashtanga?
Ashtanga Yoga is the 8 limbed path to liberation
What are the 8 limbs?
Yama: Interacting in the world with integrity by:
- causing no intentional harm
- telling the truth
- not stealing
- controlling how we use our energy
- not hoarding resources, possessions or thoughts
Niyama: How we cultivate an internal environment that leads to happiness.
- Internal and external cleanliness of thoughts, body and mind
- Practicing gratitude for what we have
- Study of ourselves, techniques and books which deepen our connection to who we really are
Asana: Practice of physical yoga poses that make the body healthy and strong so that the practitioner can focus on personal development. The practice is designed to bring awareness to patterns of thought and lifestyle choices that prevent the practitioner from being healthy and happy. This site is dedicated to the practice methods made popular by Sri K Pattabhi Jois of Mysore India.
Pranayama: the use of breathing techniques to purify the body, still the mind and control our energies
Pratyahara: going within and tuning out the noise of the mind and the world
Dharana: Concentration and focus
Dhyana: Meditation or being able to sustain focus, stillness and a connection to the deeper self
Samadhi: Maintaining a deep and unbroken connection to universal consciousness.
We would love to share your Ashtanga musings. Submit to email@example.com